Celemony Melodyne 5 Studio v5.2.0 [WIN & MACOS]
Melodyne grants you unrivaled access to all the musical details in your recordings and samples – note by note. This is made possible by a sophisticated analysis that delves deeply into your recordings and samples, and recognizes and understands the musical relationships within them: the individual notes and their characteristics, the scales, keys and chords, the timing, the tempo, the tone color. And with Melodyne you can edit all these things intuitively. With vocals, but every type of instrument as well – including polyphonic ones, such as the piano and guitar.
Notes and tools
In Melodyne, notes are represented by blobs. By manipulating these with Melodyne’s powerful tools, you can edit (among other things) the pitch, vibrato, volume, sibilants, length, timing and formants of each note. In this way, you can enhance in a musical yet straightforward manner the intonation, phrasing, dynamics and timbre of a performance. While ingenious algorithms ensure your editing’s almost always inaudible, sensitive, natural.
- Notes instead of waveforms. With Melodyne, you see the notes in your recordings and samples, and can manipulate and modify them at will. Even with polyphonic instruments like the piano and guitar.
- 2Tools and macros. Edit intonation, melody and harmony, but also rhythms and grooves, dynamics, formants and much more. Using intelligent macros or – with great precision – by hand.
- 3Multitrack Note Editing. See and edit the notes of multiple tracks simultaneously in a single window. Only Melodyne makes music this transparent and tangible.
- 4All that counts musically. Melodyne also recognizes chords, keys, tunings and tempos. And the editing functions for these important musical parameters are just as comprehensive as for the notes themselves.
- 5Innovative sound design. Access the overtones of your instruments directly and change their tone color in unique ways. Using an ultra-musical equalizer, resynthesis and morphing.
- 6Compatibility and user-friendliness. Melodyne can be operated via ARA or as a plug-in directly in a DAW. Or even as a stand-alone program. Its flexible interface adapts perfectly to the requirements of each situation.
Why Melodyne is better
That Melodyne sounds so good and is so simple to use is based on two things. The less important is the technology.
The decisive factor is its understanding of the music.
Melodyne identifies the notes and the relationships between them. It is only as a result of this knowledge that Melodyne’s algorithms are able to “think” and operate in such a musical way. The benefits to you as a musician and producer include the famously superior sound of Melodyne and many other advantages that software lacking this understanding of musical contexts is incapable of offering.
The latest version
With Version 5, Melodyne strengthens its core competence, making its vocal editing functionality even more powerful than before. The most important new features:
- fundamentally improved “Melodic” algorithm
- more musical analysis of pitch deviations
- separate processing of pitched and unpitched (noise) components
- perfect de-esser functionality without side-effects
- Chord Track and chord recognition
- Chord Grid for pitch editing
- Fade Tool and Leveling Macro
- new “Percussive Pitched” algorithm