How To Make A Launchpad Lightshow with Ableton Three Different Methods [TUTORIAL]
Hey, It’s Javen here from Good Noise. I’m an experienced music producer, and I make music related contents including launchpad lightshows on varies platform. That’ll be the focus of today’s class! You’ll learn tips and tricks I use in creating a launchpad lightshow that you can incorporate into your workflow, to make a fantastic performance!
In this class, you’ll learn:
- How setup your Ableton and Novation Launchpad for building your lightshow
- How to setup your BPM or tempo in Ableton
- 3 different methods for building your launchpad cover
- Some cool light effect ideas you can incorporate into your lightshow
- some plugins you can use to speed up the whole process
The three different methods we’ll cover are:
- With Midi Clips: This is the fastest and easiest way, though you technically can’t perform with this method. However, it’s a great introduction into how to the program works with the Launchpad
- With Midi Effects: A little more complicated, but the go-to method for actually performing a launchpad lightshow
- With Max For Live: Requires the plugin Max For Live, which really streamlines and simplifies the process of lightshow creation
If you prefer to have a face to face virtual course setup than online course, you could book a Zoom Session with me for consultation too, we will find a way that work best for you.
For your final project, you’ll be creating:
A one-minute launchpad lightshow using one of the three methods taught in this class.
This class is for all level musicians, producers, visual and music lovers, I will walk you through the process step by step, and give you all the tools and techniques you need to build a good launchpad cover!
So let’s get started – see you in class!
We are only scratching the surface of it.. Do you want to make it further and take it to the next level?