TUNE YOUR VOCALS LIKE A PRO How to Autotune & Pitch Your Vocals For Unique Effects [TUTORIAL]
Ever wonder how artists like T-Pain and ASAP Rocky get their vocals to sound so interesting? It’s all in the effects. Autotune is the industry standard when it comes to tuning vocals.
In this class I’ll teach you how to tune your vocals (and how not to). I’ll also show you the plug-ins I use when pitching vocals and a way that you can do it for free in Ableton.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- An overview of Autotune and how it works
- How to set the retune speed to fit for your song
- How to find the key and scale of a song
- How to correctly use the different types of tuning for what you want
- The biggest mistakes I see people make when tuning vocals
- How to pitch your vocals for cool effects
- A free and simple way to pitch vocals in Ableton Live
- How to make better decisions in terms plug-ins and EFX
I can’t promise that after this class you’ll sound like T-Pain. Or Asap Rocky.
BUT I can teach you the basics so you’re one step closer to getting there. With over 10 years of experience mixing, recording, and writing records I’ve put together my own system and beginners guide to mixing rap and hip-hop vocals in Ableton.
So, what’s next?
There are so many lessons I picked up over the years and through my time behind the scenes in the music industry that have helped me immensely and I’ll share them with you throughout these courses.
One of the biggest gems I’ve learned is this: Do it yourself.
No one is going to care about your music as much as you do. If you have the DRIVE to succeed and the HUNGER to develop your craft you’ll be able to make it. This is the era of no gatekeepers. No excuses. So what are you waiting for?
Mixing is a skill that is incredibly marketable and distinguishes between an amateur and a professional level sound.
I’m not saying you’ll become a rockstar overnight. But with what I teach you in this course and the persistence to apply it you’ll be that much closer.