Toontrack Superior Drummer 3 v3.1.7 WIN & MAC
SDX Core Basic Sound Library 32.6 Gb
In addition to a massive library of raw sound material, Superior Drummer 3 introduces a unique design, a streamlined workflow and countless features for powerful drum production in your computer. With Superior Drummer 3, you have control and creative power beyond the imaginable. Welcome to the future.
FEATURES – AT A GLANCE.
- In excess of 230 GB of raw, unprocessed sounds in 44.1 kHz/24 bit
- Recorded with an additional eleven separate room microphones set up in a surround configuration for a complete immersive experience
- Playback in stereo or up to 11-channel surround systems
- Approx. 350 vintage and classic drum machine sounds
- New and improved scalable interface with detachable windows
- Edit Play Style, Tap2Find, Song Creator and Song Track features as well as improved workflow and search functionality
- Built-in MIDI grid editor
- DAW automation for built-in macro controls
- Support for keyboard shortcuts
The idea with Superior Drummer 3 is to let you step into a virtual studio with the best possible raw material and mix options at your disposal to create drum sounds in an environment where only your imagination sets the limits. Combining the creative power of the sounds, the ambiences and the extensive set of features, Superior Drummer 3 is more than just a drum sampler – it’s a bottomless well of creativity. It bridges the gap between acoustic and electronic and lets you venture off into completely new sonic landscapes. This is the definitive tool for percussive sound design.
The Superior Drummer 3 core sound library was recorded by award-winning engineer George Massenburg at probably the world’s most quiet and ideal location for sampling, the Galaxy Studios in Belgium. The library boasts in excess of 230 GB of raw sound material captured in extreme detail. In addition to close microphones and several ambience positions, the Superior Drummer 3 setup also includes eleven room microphones set up in a surround configuration, for use in anything from stereo to 5.1, 9.1 and all the way up to 11.1 systems. In combination with the large selection of extra instruments added for stacking and sound design purposes, the sounds of Superior Drummer 3 give you an incomparable palette of options to craft drum tones beyond your wildest imagination.
- Seven (7) kits
- Tom shell dimensions cover ranges from 6” to 20”
- Optional tool selection available on select kits and instruments (sticks, brushes, rods, felt mallets)
- Optional drum head selection available on select kits and instruments
- Approx. 350 electronic drum sounds, sampled from vintage and classic drum machines
- 25 unique acoustic snares, 35 recorded configurations
- 16 unique acoustic kicks, 27 different recorded configurations
Superior Drummer implements several groundbreaking features for working with any aspect of your drum MIDI content – right inside the program. The idea is that regardless of what you are attempting to accomplish, you should never have to leave the framework of Superior Drummer 3. From quickly getting a custom beat going to laying out entire songs or diving deep into fine-tuning timing and velocity detail, Superior Drummer 3 has got you covered.
Add to this the comprehensive Superior Drummer 3 MIDI library, covering a wide range of styles, and you have a wealth of inspiration to use to craft your custom drum tracks from.
The mixer introduces 35 low-footprint insert effects, making each channel strip a virtual sound processing powerhouse. Route, bus, send, saturate, blend and mix – the creative options are endless.
Think of Superior Drummer 3 like stepping into the control of a world-class studio and taking a seat at the mixing console. Outside the glass windows, in the massive hall, there’s a wide array of drums of all sizes, makes and models, all set up and ready for you to hone to fit your mixes.
With Superior Drummer 3, you are in control. Only your imagination sets the limits.
The Tracker introduces the arguably most efficient and accurate drum audio to MIDI conversion software on the market. Built on a highly advanced instrument recognition neural network, the Tracker detects hits with an unequalled accuracy and speed.
With the seamless integration with Superior Drummer 3, replacing or augmenting drums has never been more powerful than now. Simply drop your drum audio material in Tracker, let it quickly analyze your content and in no time, you’ll be able to preview the MIDI based on your original tracks. Start blending, augmenting, replacing and creating!
Basic Sound Library
All instruments, all tools and all articulations in direct microphones as well as the OH Dyn and Amb Ribbon channels. Bleed available in Snare Bottom, OH Dyn and Amb Ribbon channels.
Superior Drummer 3.1.7 Release notes:
- Added support for SDXs consisting of several sub-libraries even though installed as one.
- The reported latency was too small when a sample rate other than 44100 Hz was used.
- Fixed a sound glitch that could occur if a host requested less than 16 samples.
- It no longer crashes on Mac if you ctrl-click a stack pad and select a different sound from the context menu.
- Changing position in a browser groove being played in original tempo caused the looping to jump back to the wrong position.
- During browser playback with “Preview in Original Tempo” active, mixer effects that sync to tempo now use the correct tempo.
- Fixed a possible crash when user MIDI was synchronized/added.
- On Mac, the browser should no longer sometimes stay dimmed out when MIDI is dragged out from the window.
- Fixed a potential crash when Randomize was used.
- The undo system can now handle more than 128 song blocks.
- Exporting audio using “Bounce Microphone Channels” would in certain cases (involving having instrument stacks) result in incomplete exports.